Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tired.

Tonight I am exhausted. We got up this morning and looked outside, realizing that today we MUST clean up all these leaves. See the only problem is, not one of those leaves are ours. Wait, forgive me, we have one little maple tree that we planted in our front yard two years ago (sugar banjo as my kids call him) that has a total of maybe 40 leaves or so. Other than that we have no trees in our yard that shed. We have a beautiful cedar tree in our back yard, along with some other smaller trees, but none of them shed their leaves. Unfortunately we have neighbors on every side, and angle that have trees, many trees. Some of our neighbors are nice and actually clean their yards, while one neighbor on the right side of me NEVER cleans their yard. Hence we always get their leaves. This is the second year that they have not even attempted to come out and help us rake. I must first admit that they are older, but they have a son who is about 24 years old (young) that is able to help us, but seems to not acknowledge that we are even out there busting our hump. Also mind you that this troubled young man doesn't work, but rather sponges off his parents. One who is disabled and one that works for minimum wage at a local sweat shop as I call it. I feel bad for even bitching, but I am tired of it. This kid is nothing but a loser and deals drugs and is a druggie himself. I just so tired of it. M told me not to even complain to the parents because it isn't worth it, but it still can drive me crazy. I have to say that I love the way the yard looks though when it is all clean. We did some organizing of the things in our shed and cleaned our enclosed porch. I feel like I just got so much accomplished today.

A side note and off topic. I am very excited about tomorrow. Our (hopefully) Home Midwife is coming to meet us tomorrow. I have been looking into having a home birth for our last child. She knows that we aren't pregnant yet, but we would still like to meet her and get the details of her services. It should be a fun time. I will update you tomorrow night after her meeting. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the leaves! Ugh..

    Hope the midwife appt went well!

    ReplyDelete