Thursday, February 24, 2011

Long Overdue

I am trying to apply my time more efficiently these days. With both work and home life being crazy I just don't seem to have the time to blog like I used to. I always seem to have a post lingering in my head but haven't found the time to sit and write. Writing is a true passion of mine. I used to sit for hours writing, and believe it or not, I have actually saved most of my journals from when I was younger. Some times I even dig them out of the closet and read them again. Remembering when life was so simple. All I had to worry about was what I was going to be doing for the weekend and with which friend. Since becoming a Mommy I have found that time is just to important to sit and take up time to write about me. But yet again, this is what I need to do sometimes to keep myself sane. So I am going to try and do at least a weekly posting about what has been going on and where my mind is at.

So today the project for the subject will be about my overall health:
Such health has been great, although it seems that after said last pregnancy my body thought that spotting was the way to work. I talked with my local OBGYN whom I go to for routine care and it was decided that I would go in for a "routine" D & C.
Such procedure was scheduled for 2/11. I arrived at 7 AM for day surgery. I had my IV placed, very nice drugs placed through the catheter and felt awesome.
I woke up feeling okay overall and was discharged just 45 minutes after said procedure.
Got home and lay on the couch to relax. After about an hour I had to go pee. I got off the couch and went down the hallway and at some point I guess I didn't make it to the bathroom. I passed out. I crawled to the bathroom because not only did I need to pee I was going to have diarrhea in my pants.
As I sat there I wondered what the h.e.l.l. hit me. I never in my wildest dreams thought it would be this painful.
I relaxed some more and by Saturday and Sunday felt okay, but not great.
Monday I went to work and took the said pain medication that was prescribed to me since I don't really like taking medication just so I wouldn't be painful during work.
While at work I thought I was going to die. I lay on the floor wondering what I should do. I decided I needed to go home. The only problem is, I work 35 minutes away from home and didn't know if I was going to make it. It took 4 trips of stopping to vomit before I even made it into the driveway.
Tuesday I placed a call to my doctors office at 9 AM as soon as they opened. I left work at 3 PM. I got home went to go to the bathroom and when I got out noticed that I missed a call on my cell phone that was on vibrate and it was said doctor telling me that she was leaving the office and to contact her on Wednesday. That was at 4:19 PM
Wednesday I got to work and felt about the same but not worse. No vomiting or anything. I decided to not call her and wait it out.
Thursday I worked and by the afternoon before leaving work it felt like a horse had kicked me in the stomach as hard as he could or another thought did 500 sit ups.
I got home took some pain medication and shower and went to bed. During the night I got up a couple of times and thought, "wow, this is really painful."
Friday I got up as normal, got Princess ready for school and on her way and took Little Miss for a couple of errands that I needed to do. While out I thought, " my gawd, I think I'm dying!"
I headed home to rest and waited for M to get home. When she got home I told her I needed to go to the hospital.
I drove there with my aunt and got in to the ER. When I got there I just sobbed. They got me in and placed another IV catheter and pain medication. Morphine wasn't even cutting it. I was taken to have a CT scan and it was determined that I have a perforation to my uterus, and was full of blood/puss.
I was admitted for 3 days and placed on 2 IV antibiotics that was given to me twice daily.
I went home on Sunday with minimal bleeding. Only to return to the hospital on Tuesday for heavy bleeding.
Doctor said it was normal, had an ultrasound and it was still determined that I was full of "shit". Placed on two antibiotics and told to go to my regular OBGYN.
Called the office and got in to see her on Wednesday. She couldn't believe it, said that "maybe" something happened by my c-section scar. Did examination again. She felt okay with her findings and wanted me to continue on the antibiotics for 4 weeks total.
Woke up in the middle of the night with my head in the bucket vomiting violently. Called her Thursday to discuss my concerns with how large of a dosage of antibiotics I am on and that I am sick as a dog. She called in a prescription of Zo*fran.
I am hoping to be on the mend now. I just feel queasy if I don't take the nausea medication first.
Overall though, very thankful to still have my girl bits in place. Nothing is supposed to be harmful long term. I can still get pregnant. And I am looking forward to that at some point. :)

In a nut shell, life at the moment has been so crazy. Hoping for it to settle soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment